Editing, the word alone is terrifying, overwhelming, and I love it. I enjoy picking at words, finding the right one to suit a sentence. I like tearing things apart and helping authors put them back together. Brainstorming with an author has to be my favorite part of the job. I want to be the one that helps you make your novel turn heads.
Here is what you can expect from me when I work with an author.
10) I will read your piece as many times as it takes to get it done.
9) I will listen to your characters
8) I will stay up late with your words on every single read through and have it back to you in a timely manner.
7) I will double check rules and myself so I do not steer you the wrong direction.
6) I will brainstorm with you on sentences, words, paragraphs, characters, scenes, or anything else you need in order to revise your novel.
5) I will respect you as the author.
4) I will tear apart your piece and be honest with you.
3) I will trust in your ability to know your story and characters.
2) I will encourage you to challenge yourself.
And the number one thing I will do for you is…
1) I will believe in you.
About Summer Ross:
If I had to describe myself, it would be in a word that has many meanings with a complexity which falls off the tongue. A word made up of many elements, is deceptive in appearance, and creates an illusion from the imagination. My word would be Phantasmagoric. I’m a mother of two, a sister, a daughter, a student of life, an editor, a writer, and a person- just like everyone else.